What WE BELIEVE is essential to who we are as a church family. Below are statements explaining the guiding factors in our faith and fellowship at RESURRECTION LIFE CHURCH. We hope you will examine the Scriptures for yourself concerning these important Doctrinal issues.
To become a God-loving community, Growing in Christ's maturity, Reaching our Society with Life for Eternity!
- The Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God . In the Bible we find the revelation of God's will for the salvation of all mankind, and the divine and final authority for the Christian life.
- There is one God, the Creator of all things, Who is infinitely perfect and eternally existant in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived of the Hold Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all mankind. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
- Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost . Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation.
- Water Baptism and the Lord's Supper (Communion) are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. However, they are not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
- The present, supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ . During this age, He indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for Godly living and service. Every believer should be filed with the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues as the initial physical evidence.
- Every born-again, Spirit-filled believer should maintain a consistent prayer life , both in praying with the understanding and praying in the Spirit.
- Without faith it is impossible to please God. The atonement for only provides salvation for the believer, but healing and prosperity as well. We are redeemed from the curse of the law (poverty, sickness and death). Our lives can be prosperous and healthy if we walking in the light of this redemption with faith in God's Word.
- The true Church is composed of all those who are born again . Through this new birth we are united together in the Body of Christ. Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church. Every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
- The personal, pre-millennial and imminent return or our Lord Jesus Christ has vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- The will be a bodily resurrection of the dead , of the believer to everlasting joy with the Lord, and the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ , and the evidence of that unity being shown by how we love one another.
- We hope you will examine the Scriptures for yourself concerning these importantDoctrinal issues. Acts 17:11